Instructions on Requisition Forms
1. BLOOD TEST
- Please go to Lifelabs - online booking available Lifelabs.ca.
- Please fast for 10 hours prior, drinking water is allowed.
2. URINE TEST
- Mid-stream please.
- Please go to Hitek Imaging - appointment not required.
- Please call Hitek Imaging to book appointment.
- Closest location to our office is Hitek Imaging NE of Yonge and Finch, free parking, tel - 416-222-6989
- Please feel free to go to any lab of your choice, but please also make sure to go to the same lab every time for the test as the lab needs to compare your result with the old film.
5. NYGH CARDIO
- Please call hospital to book directly.
6. CT SCAN
- Please wait about 3 days - if no call is received from the hospital, feel free to call the hospital directly.
- Please wait about one week - if no call is received from the hospital, feel free to call the hospital directly.
- Please double-check that you've written the date and time on each slide every time you start the test.
- Please double-check that you've placed the form inside the envelope before you mail.
9. ENDOSCOPY REFERRAL
- Their office will contact you in 3 days, if no call is received, please call them directly.
10. SPECIALIST REFERRAL (IN GENERAL)
- Our office will book the appointments for our patients - once we've received the appointment information, we will mail or email you a letter. If you have not received referral information within 2 weeks' time, please call our office.
- Please note that you may be able to see your results online from some labs/hospitals/facilities websites.
- You are also able to receive your results and your doctor's comments by giving us your email consent. If you have not given your email consent to our office, you are encouraged to do so by dropping by our office and signing an electronic form. With your consent in our record, your doctor will be able to send you comments about your test results through encrypted secure emails. These emails from your doctors will require your birthdate to be entered for security purposes. Please check your inbox or spam folder after your doctor’s visits.
- Or you can phone our medical office 416-221-8612 Mon-Fri 330pm-500pm.
For blood/urine/x-ray/ultrasound results, information is available from our office one week after ALL tests completed.
For FOBT/tests taken in North York General Hospital, information is available from our office two weeks after test(s).
For pap smear/H.pylori/MMRV results, information will be available from our office 3-4 weeks after test.
Thank you for your cooperation.